Framework for early years foundation stage
At The Learning Escape we believe that taking lessons outdoors is just as important as indoor learning.
The new Early Years Foundation Stage frameworks have highlighted just how beneficial it is to share lesson time between the classroom and the playground. Not sure if your school grounds are ready for the new curriculum? We’ve put together some frequently asked questions to help you create the perfect outdoor space.
How does an outdoor classroom improve learning in our nursery?
The new frameworks state that all EYFS children must have access to an outdoor play area. Outdoor learning has been shown to inspire children and to reconnect them with nature.
At The Learning Escape we’ve carried out research into Nature Deficit Disorder and have seen, first-hand, how important it is for children to create a relationship with their natural surroundings.
- By providing a space that encourages outdoor activity, nurseries are encouraging children to learn through experimentation, develop their sense of empowerment and group dynamics.
- The benefits of spending more time with nature has been proven to help children score higher on concentration and self-discipline tests, improve awareness, reasoning and observational skills and do better in reading, writing, maths, science and social studies.
We don’t have a lot of space at our nursery. Can we still introduce more outdoor learning?
We’ve worked with schools and nurseries of all shapes and sizes. Any spare space in your grounds can be used to create an eco-friendly and efficient learning environment.
- All of our eco-classrooms are unique and bespoke, making sure you get the most of the space you have, no matter how big or small.
- An outdoor learning environment doesn’t have to have four walls, we can create a sheltered space for lessons and play times whatever the weather.
- Our shelters have been used as classrooms, stages, play houses and even as a dry place for parents at the end of the school day.
The frameworks suggest more free flow play. How can an outdoor classroom help with this?
An eco-classroom is a fantastic way to encourage more free flow play within your nursery.
- Moving between the classroom and the outdoors is easy and allows children to experiment with their play.
- Your outdoor space can be used for educational, creative and active play whatever the weather and allowing children to flow between the two gives them freedom and variety.
- By linking indoor and outdoor activities, they are being encouraged to live a healthy, active lifestyle and are gaining a positive attitude that will last long into their futures.
Why should we choose a Learning Escape to provide outdoor learning at our nursery?
When planning a nursery building project, we know that there are a lot of aspects and companies to consider. That’s why, at TG Escapes, we provide a full service .
- We cover everything needed to get the project running smoothly. From planning permission to safety compliances, complete design to turn-key installation, we’ve got it covered.
- We include absolutely everything in the project proposal and every Learning Escape comes with 10 years’ warranty on the main structure, 20 years’ warranty on the roof and 12 months manufacturer’s warranty on the fixtures and fittings.
We’re concerned about the impact any new builds at our nursery have on the environment…
With The Learning Escape you’ve got nothing to worry about.
- All our eco-classrooms are designed to achieve A+ rated energy efficiency levels and are constructed to a ‘low impact’ build principal.
- When you invest in a Learning Escape you’re investing in your nursery’s future. Our buildings have a minimum 60 year lifespan and once they are fully installed they can be left for nature to take its course.
- Not only will our classrooms benefit your children, they can also help your nursery raise money. Many schools have used them as a revenue-generation scheme, either through energy generation or by hiring them out to local groups.
To find out how a Learning Escape can help your nursery meet the needs of the new EYFS frameworks, call us or get in touch using the contact form below.
View this case study