Roof and Wall Construction
Structural Insulated Panel System min 140mm(SIPS):
- ‘U’ – Value Wall: 0.17 W/M2K ‘U’ – Value Roof: 0.17 W/M2K
- External Western Red Cedar Timber Cladding is sourced from sustainable sources (FSC and PEFC certified).
- Insulation is 80% Recycled.
- High-performance air-tight construction.
- Optional additional 'Tri-Iso Actis' multi-foil insulation for improved
- U-values. (0.11W/M2K)
- Suspended acoustic ceiling boards with ACTIVair technology to maintain air quality
Doors and Windows
Centre Pane Value ‘U’ - Value: 1.4
W/M2K (argon fill specification achieves: 1.1 W/M2K).
- Draught-sealed, powder coated aluminium or treated hardwood (Douglas Fir oiled OSMO UV) screens from sustainable sources made by specialist manufacturer fitted with High performance units with double glazed coated low-emissivity
- (Low-E) glass with min 16mm cavity.
- Optional Argon cavity fill available for improved thermal performance.
- Glazing (where necessary) has manifestation to limit the incidence of collision and is toughened.
- Doors finger hinge protection to prevent finger trapping.
- Doors feature relevant fire safety instruction.
- Low thresholds to entrance doors permitting easy access for all.
- Casement fasteners to provide background ventilation.
Ground Floor Structure
‘U’ - Value: 0.15 WM2K.
- Structural Insulated Panel System (SIPS): flooring to individual requirements on prefabricated floor units pre-insulated with 80%
- Recycled 150mm mineral wool insulation.
- Optional protective sheathing to underside using 16-gauge.
- Mini-Pile Concrete System (on 450 x 450 or 600 x 600mm base) with minimal ground disturbance.
- Alternative: Plinth foundation system (to rest on 600 x 600mm base) or screw-pile system available in areas with more challenging ground conditions.
- All Red Western Cedar supplied in natural state and left to naturally age (no toxic treatments required).
- Hardwood window/door frames supplied with applied water based protection.
- Proprietary non-slip cladding to ramped approach and external deck areas to reduce accident risk.
- Internal emulsion finishes to walls. Internal surfaces comprising walls, skirting, doors and ironmongery to be finished in contrasting colours in accordance with DDA recommendations (Samples of finishes can be provided on request).
- Carpeting or non-slip vinyl to floors (supply and colour to client requirements).
Services and Sanitary
- Provision of new electric supply
- Provision of consumer unit located at high level (to avoid tampering) within internal store area.
Ventilation and Cooling
Air-Source heat pump (larger schemes):
Class - AA rated wallmounted remote controlled combined air-conditioning / air source heating (an ingenious system whereby heat is extracted from the atmosphere to provide heating - like a refrigerator circuit in reverse) with condenser unit mounted externally.
Hot water provided by instantaneous hot water units which heat water on demand (with significantly lower energy demands than storage units). Thermostatic control to prevent scalding.
Space Heating: A variety of heating options are available:
Wall-mounted Low Surface Temperature (LST) electric heaters or alternatively LPG (bottled gas) heating available in areas with insufficient electrical supply. All emitters are low
temperature to prevent burning incidents.
Lighting and Electrical
- Recessed T5 luminaries (part- L and CIBSE compliant system in areas with suspended ceiling grid (where used) with optional smart control.
- Recessed 2 x 26w Compact Fluorescent (part- L and CIBSE compliant) low energy down-lighters elsewhere or
- Suspended or surface mounted educationally -specific fluorescent luminaires.
- External-quality recessed ultra-low watt (3w) LED soffit lights over decked areas.
- External and Internal emergency lighting (in accordance with BS5266) as required.
- Electrical provisions included and tailored to requirements.
- Security alarm systems available.
- Heat detector/Smoke Alarm(s) included (in accordance with BS 5839 Part 1) with alarm-call points as required.
A range of washroom and sanitary options are available to suit
- Washroom areas to feature individual rooms or cubicle systems (with a range of options) as required.
- Facilities can be provided for ambulant (to include grab rails) or full wheelchair-accessible (to include ‘document M’ pack with white grab rails, seat and hinged arm support, alarm, etc) usage – with appropriate fittings included.
- Washroom to feature sanitary equipment appropriate for users’ age group for ease of use.
- Extracts provided to washroom areas.
- Taps feature ‘lever arms’ to aid usage.
- Waste drainage included as required.
TG Escapes are offsetting its activities and CO2 emissions generated with Climate Care
Intelligent, site specific design, high insulation values and energy saving technologies ensure at least a 'B' rating up to an 'AA' rating on those buildings requiring an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).