We aim to be eco-friendly from bottom to top - from the minimal use of concrete in our foundations to living roofs; from sustainably sourced cedar walls to insulation made from 80%-recycled glass.
We often include wind and solar power into our builds as a clean renewable source of energy and we're offsetting our own CO2 emissions with Climate Care.
Our buildings are created using a framework of the latest super-strong Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs).
Our unique combination of intelligent and site specific design, high insulation values and high-performance energy saving technologies ensure that our buildings earn a 'A' rating if and when they need an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).
- Draught-sealed High Performance Door and Windows
- Breathable, Eco Friendly Roof
- Low-Energy and Daylight Lighting
- Environmentally Friendly Foundations
- Energy-Efficient Heating and Lighting
Door and Windows
- Our garden rooms' windows and doors are constructed from draught-sealed iroko hardwood that is sourced from sustainable forests (FSC and PEFC certified) and treated with an highly durable protective coat.
- Our buildings are double glazed with 24mm sealed window units from our specialist manufacturer. Where appropriate we fit toughened glass (BS6206) and use manifestation to limit the incidence of collision.
- External doors have a low threshold and are fitted with a key lock, an internal thumb turn for an easy exit and hinge protection to prevent finger trapping.
- Our standard roof features a high performance, waterproof, breathable membrane insulated with 80% recycled mineral wool.
- Where noise is a concern acoustic ceiling tiles can easily be added to the construction.
- We also offer a variety of attractive and eco-friendly living roof options, including our popular sedum roof.
- A Sedum roof is not only aesthetically pleasing all year round but also provides a habitat for a rich variety of wildlife, reduces rainwater runoff and lowers the building's energy consumption.
- We offer a range of high-quality heating options including wall-mounted Low Surface Temperature (LST) electric heaters, LPG bottled gas heaters and remote controlled AA-rated air-source heat pumps.
- The insulation in our buildings uses up to 80% recycled post-consumer glass (glass that would otherwise have gone to landfill).
- Hot water is provided by on-demand hot water units that offer instant hot water and low energy demands.
- Internal lighting is provided by recessed ceiling lights and low energy down-lighters (with optional smart control). External decked areas are lit by ultra-low watt LED soffit lights.
- Emergency lighting (BS5266) is also fitted as required.
- Customers who prefer natural light can include sun pipes in their design. Sun pipes capture daylight from the rooftop and pass it through highly reflective tubing to provide brilliant natural light wherever it’s needed.
- Our innovative foundations have been designed to reduce their impact on the environment by using a minimal amount of concrete.
- Our garden buildings are built on top of either a helical steel screw pile system or a series of unique, re-enforced concrete pads.
- Both systems create a well ventilated space underneath your garden building and ensure that it has no direct contact with the ground.
- Our buildings are bespoke designs by our dedicated architects Metropolis Architecture.
- Our surveyors will work with you to understand your needs and tailor a style and layout to make the most of your available space.
- Our designs maximise the natural light and the cedar cladding provides a natural yet contemporary look.
- Alternative cladding types are available on request.
Example pricing based on standard sizes
Every Garden Escape project is different but to make our pricing as easy to understand as possible we start with a set of standard sizes. You can also see our full price list and size matrix.
External 2.7m x 3.3m
External 3.9m x 5.6m
External 3.9m x 8.6m