TG Escapes Blog
The Benefits of Offsite Construction
Offsite construction lies at the heart of TG Escapes’ building methods and solutions.
It’s a core component to the success and quality of our constructions from small garden offices to multi-storey classroom complexes. But why use this method of construction and what are the benefits?
Sustainable & Eco-friendly
“Sustainable development involves the simultaneous pursuit of economic prosperity, environmental quality and social equity. Companies aiming for sustainability need to perform not against a single, financial bottom line but against the triple bottom line."
- World Business Council on Sustainable Development
Offsite construction is more sustainable than traditional on-site construction due to the flexibility of the approach which makes the process more efficient and creates less waste.
The ability to design and create components offsite means a building can offer the following benefits in sustainability:
- Modular buildings can be made without foundations in situations where the local eco-system would otherwise be damaged
- Material waste on a typical ‘conventional’ construction site is 10 times that of industrialised factory norms
- Fewer vehicles required for the construction process results in fewer CO2 emissions.
- 50% reduction on overall energy and a 40% carbon footprint reduction compared to onsite construction projects.
Data from https://www.rics.org
Efficiency and Quality
Each part of the building and every aspect of its construction involves the client from the start, from consultation and design, to planning and completion.
Standardised factory conditions coupled with precision tools, machines and expert craftsmanship ensure high standards and efficient completion of buildings constructed offsite:
- Every component of the construction is designed specifically for the building in question and created using standardised, monitored equipment overseen by expert workers.
- Each component of the building is tested before it leaves the factory to ensure safety and quality
- Rigorous checks and standards reduce the need for replacement parts or reinstallation
- Construction times as much as 60% more efficient than onsite construction
- A 33% increase of on-time project completion
- Buildings which are completed quickly and efficiently can be used sooner.
Data from https://www.rics.org
The monitored and standardised factory conditions in which components are produced provides an extremely safe environment, with every aspect of the work space covered by stringent health and safety checks and tests.
Benefits in health and safety for offsite constructions include:
- Reduces time spent on scaffolding and working from heights, dangers which result in nearly 55% of all fatal injuries in the sector
- Nearly an 80% reduction in the chance of workers being harmed by dangerous tools and machines onsite
- A reduction of time spent in environments that are at risk of weather-based calamities such as flooding and high winds
- Reductions in the number of injuries in the work space reduces the cost and likelihood of claims on such accidents
The sustainability, eco-friendly approach to off site construction with its improved efficiency and safety record all contribute to a more cost effective solution.
Reductions in the cost of offsite constructions include:
- A smaller work force and with fewer vehicles required brings a reduction in manpower and fuel costs
- Early decisions on the design and implementation of a building result in fewer factory transport and assemblage costs, as materials are pre-costed, sourced and produced specifically for the project at hand
- A 90% reduction in material waste
To find out more about our offsite construction methods and modular buildings get in touch with us on 0800 917 7726 or email email@example.com
More posts from our blog
Architects and commercial property owners are always looking for ways to make their buildings more comfortable and appealing to tenants. In recent years, they’ve also been increasingly aware of the importance of green design for reducing their carbon footprints. The...read more
Cheaper, longer-lasting and better for the environment — LED lights have plenty of benefits. Here, David Boultbee from Ultra LEDs explains how they can even be a safer option than traditional bulbs for lighting modular buildings. From manufacturers to consumers, the...read more
We were honoured to be invited to celebrate play, heritage, wildlife and well being in Leavesdon Countrty Park on Saturday. Three Rivers District Council wanted to gather together all those involved in their ambitious project which was supported by Warner Brothers...read more