- Foundations go down - either concrete or low impact screw piles.
- Commence construction with the vertical timber frame and SIP panels.
- Create and position the roof structure on to the top of the garden room. Cedar cladding can be added to that the building is well protected from the elements.
- Draught sealed doors go in - standard, normal or bi-fold doors.
- The finish is applied to the timber according to your taste.
Pupil numbers are rising and expected to continue to do so (at least until the 2020s) and school budgets under pressure (for the foreseeable future). In these times of limited resources and an uncertain future, many schools are looking for a time and cost efficient solution to their immediate need for additional teaching space: modular classrooms. For many, this conjures up an image of an unsightly pre-fab, mobile structure craned into the most accessible, though not necessarily the most desirable, spot.
One of the many things we love about our customers, is the diversity of their ideas. It is always a thrill to accompany them on their journey to creating that unique, special space that perfectly fulfils their dream.
Earlier this year, a special parliamentary group was assigned the task of assessing the potential impact of mindfulness. This week it has recommended that the Government makes mindfulness therapy more widely available: via the NHS to more than half a million adults diagnosed with depression and in schools, prisons and workplaces.
As many schools are experiencing growth in the number of pupils, they are increasingly finding that every available space within the main school building has been used for additional classroom capacity. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that there is adequate space for teaching the main curriculum to a larger number of children, other aspects of space essential to the efficient operation of a busy school have needed to be sacrificed. Increasingly, we are undertaking a number of projects for schools that need extra space, but not necessarily teaching space.